24 replies to this topic

#21 pam

pam

Keep your hands off my gumdrops.

• Administrators
  • 51288 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 28 September 2009 - 06:24 AM

Stories are good in that it brings things more personal. I enjoyed your post. I loved the "friend" concept of the scriptures.

#22 Generally_Me

Generally_Me

• Inactive with Posts
  • 345 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:11 AM

For me, Scripture Mastery verses are highlighted in red and green, with a star at the front. Beyond that, I use read. Sometimes the whole verse, sometimes just part of it. I don't like to color the whole page, so I pick out what the nutshell of what is being said (to me). What's funny is that sometimes some other part is underlined next time instead.

#23 BDRichardson

BDRichardson

• Inactive with Posts
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:36 PM

Old thread... but still. An old EQ pres once counseled: one color for CAUSE, one color for EFFECT. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it, because... I thought it was a good idea. But... it's incomplete, hence the reason I am looking at what others do. Of course, I could just be READING them, instead of reading about how others read them. Hmm.... BDR

#24 Blackmarch

Blackmarch

• Members
  • 3453 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:02 AM

I've never really marked them before, on occasion I color a verse that meant something to me. I want to know how you mark your scriptures.
Thanks

I write notes in the margins mainly.
Yellow indicates something very important or has impressed me greatly, or things that Christ directly tells individuals, pink is a step below that, dotted pink/yellow indicate parables, blue highlights physical actions that can be used to help determine geography, green highlights priesthood duties and responsibilities. Dotted Green Highlight Commandments.

I also like to write a 3-5 word summary at the top of the page of what the page covers.

I use the blacnk pages in the BoM to keep track of the transmission of the BoM, and the blank pages in the OT to keep track of lineage down to Israel.

I also go thru and mark the topical Guide and Dictionary as I use them.

Edited by Blackmarch, 31 March 2010 - 08:04 AM.

#25 gusrod78

gusrod78

• Inactive with Posts
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:37 AM

I use: red = basic doctrine faith, repentance, etc (sometimes I write the topicon the edge of the page with same color. blue = personal guidance, pretty much reflects the verses that help and strengthen me green= missionary work, makes the whole D&C 4 green... yellow=profecies, deep doctrine, temple knowledge orange=facts, temporal things like the lamanites' metallurgic knowledge or historical places

Edited by gusrod78, 07 April 2010 - 10:40 AM.
oops! I hit the enter button

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq