paying tithing once a year

RubyJ

I would think it would be easier to pay every time you got paid. Like somebody else mentioned, if you've got that money just sitting around until the end of the year...I would be awfully tempted to "borrow" from it with the intention of paying it back then just getting behind.

In the end as long as that 10% is there I don't suppose it matters....but I just think it would be easier to do it every time you got paid.

But you and your husband need to figure something out in the way of compromise, otherwise one of you will be handing that tithe check over grudgingly. We should be happy when we give our tithe, not resentful. : )

Sorry For Not Responding Sooner

For me when I read scripture it seems when GOD wants something done HE tells the people how to perform the task in a very specific way. For example, in Exodus and Leviticus GOD tells the Jewish people how he wants his Tabernacle built and how to perform the many sacrifices. When GOD explained this to the Jewish people HE was very specific and detailed on how he wanted these tasks done, and when the task was not done the way HE explained then consequences followed as in Leviticus 10 sec 1 (1 And Nadab and Abihu,

the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. 2 And there went out fire from the LORD,

and devoured them, and they died before the LORD).

The law of tithing is very specific on how GOD wants his Saints to pay their tithing (4 And after that, those who have thus been tithed shall pay one-tenth of all their interest annually; and this shall be a standing law unto them forever, for my holy priesthood, saith the Lord). If GOD wanted his Saints to pay

tithing in any other way (daily, weekly, or monthly) then he would have told Joseph Smith when the revelation was given.