Satan Attempted to Deceive on the banks of Susquehanna

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Still_Small_Voice

Still_Small_Voice

• Members
  • 1180 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:14 PM

I was reading and found something new I thought was interesting. I will post for all to read. Satan attempted to deceive Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery on the banks of Susquehanna River to prevent them from receiving the Aaronic Priesthood.

There is no doubt about Satan having great power and that he can appear as an angel of light. In this form he appeared on the banks of the Susquehanna River to oppose the restoration of keys, and was detected by Micheal, and his plans were thwarted.” Answers to Gospel Questions by Joseph Fielding Smith, Volume I, page 177

And a verse in the Doctrine & Covenants refers to this as well.

And again, what do we hear? Glad tidings from Cumorah! Moroni, an angel from heaven, declaring the fulfilment of the prophets—the book to be revealed. A voice of the Lord in the wilderness of Fayette, Seneca county, declaring the three witnesses to bear record of the book! The voice of Micheal on the banks of the Susquehanna, detecting the devil when he appeared as an angel of light! The voice of Peter, James, and John in the wilderness between Harmony, Susquehanna county, and Colesville, Broome county, on the Susquehanna river, declaring themselves as possessing the keys of the kingdom, and of the dispensation of the fulness of times!” Doctrine & Covenants 128:20
For if ye love only them which love you what reward have you?" -- Matthew 5:46 Inspired Version (changed to verse 48)

"By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." -- John 13:35

Linux Mint version 13, Free Open Source Operating System
An operating system that is more secure against viruses and malicious software.

#2 VisionOfLehi

VisionOfLehi

• Inactive with Posts
  • 1439 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:16 PM

This isn't an OS topic, that's a signature there. Let's keep it about the OP. ;)

#3 WillowTheWhisp

WillowTheWhisp

• Inactive 2+ Years
  • 2160 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:59 AM

And again, what do we hear? Glad tidings from Cumorah! Moroni, an angel from heaven, declaring the fulfilment of the prophets—the book to be revealed. A voice of the Lord in the wilderness of Fayette, Seneca county, declaring the three witnesses to bear record of the book! The voice of Micheal on the banks of the Susquehanna, detecting the devil when he appeared as an angel of light! The voice of Peter, James, and John in the wilderness between Harmony, Susquehanna county, and Colesville, Broome county, on the Susquehanna river, declaring themselves as possessing the keys of the kingdom, and of the dispensation of the fulness of times!” Doctrine & Covenants 128:20

This isn't something I had particularly registered before. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Interesting how dark forces also tried to intervene before the first vision. This church must really have Satan worried.

What you think you heard me say may not necessarily be what I thought I meant.

;)

#4 kona0197

kona0197

Banned

• Banned
  • 1222 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:08 AM

You know how many threads in this forum site start out as one topic and end up as another? I'm just following suit. Besides, there are no rules forbidding what I did. More specifically, there are no rules saying I cannot comment on another's signature.

I agree.
Investigator for life...

#5 Hemidakota

Hemidakota

Banned

• Banned
  • 15447 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:23 PM

I was reading and found something new I thought was interesting. I will post for all to read. Satan attempted to deceive Joseph Smith and Oliver Cowdery on the banks of Susquehanna River to prevent them from receiving the Aaronic Priesthood.

There is no doubt about Satan having great power and that he can appear as an angel of light. In this form he appeared on the banks of the Susquehanna River to oppose the restoration of keys, and was detected by Micheal, and his plans were thwarted.” Answers to Gospel Questions by Joseph Fielding Smith, Volume I, page 177

Prior to Joseph Smith, this same individual at times, would strive to deceive every opening dispensation prophet. If it wasn't for the Godhead in interceeding, who knows where we would be at this time.

#6 VisionOfLehi

VisionOfLehi

• Inactive with Posts
  • 1439 posts

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:32 PM

You know how many threads in this forum site start out as one topic and end up as another? I'm just following suit. Besides, there are no rules forbidding what I did. More specifically, there are no rules saying I cannot comment on another's signature.

No, but I DID gently remind you to keep it on topic and discuss the signature elsewhere if you want to discuss it.

I don't really care about what you have to say to that. What OS you use has nothing to do with LDS Gospel Discussion.

Let's try to keep it at least vaguely on topic, now. Thanks to those that have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq